Concern For Children and women empowerment (COFCAWE)
Health and happy children in Uganda enjoying their rights
Concern for Children and Women Empowerment (COFCAWE) is a national non-government organization established in 2006, and formally registered as an Non Government Organization by the NGO Board in February 2007 with permit N0. S.5914/6897.
The organization is currently located in Jinja, Busoga sub region and its main work is to empower women, children and people with disabilities in rural communities of Uganda.
We use focused, evidence-based approaches
COFCAWE employs community focused, evidence-based approaches like peer education, psycho-social methodologies and self-help club formations.
Our past and current achievements
These are grouped under the respective core program areas;
Strengthening rights-based approaches to promote community dialogue and participation in problem solving and addressing key health and education issues.
- Ensuring that beneficiaries and key actors have access to basic messages for child health, education, reproductive health and skills needed to promote positive behaviour change.
- Expanding networks of community-based support agents undertaking basic community-based psychosocial services for bedridden and ill children and their care givers.
- Increasing the number of outreach service locations with district health service providers, to deliver basic child health and integrated reproductive health services and referrals.
- Training and equipping district health service providers for delivery of friendly, quality and comprehensive services for child health and reproductive health at clinics and communities.
- Establishing additional youth clubs for OVCs out of school to provide information and services for child and adolescent reproductive health, and to promote positive behaviour change.
— Our Mission
Empowering in and out of school children with special focus on teenage mothers with socio-economic skills and health education through participatory methodologies for improved well-being.
— Our Vision
Healthy and happy children in Uganda enjoying their rights
— Our Story
With support from International Solidarity Fund of Finland COFCAWE implemented a gender integrated education program on HIV/STD prevention for 07 years in Wakiso District.
With support from Action for Relief and Development, COFCAWE implemented a program on mainstreaming gender in agriculture in Busoga and Bukedi sub regions of Uganda.
Currently COFCAWE is implementing programs on improving the wellbeing of children in Busoga with support from All We Can UK.